About Me

My photo
Orlando/Melbourne, Florida
Me= Becky Morgan, from Melbourne but now live in East Orlando. Wife of a cancer survivor and the most wonderful man (everyone says that don't they?!), mother of my two angels Ava and Ashton, sister to a twin who is 6 years older than me (you're trying to figure that out aren't you?!), daughter to the weirdest parents I've ever met whom I owe everything to. I am addicted to coffee, thinks sugar and microwaves will kill us all (yet I eat and use them way too much!), say I am outdoorsy but freak out over bugs, spend way too much time on pinterest and other blogs (but don't we all), still dream of being a broadway star BUT most importanly have a passion for weddings and events that comes from deep within my sole! I love helping clients achieve their dream! After graduating from UCF's Rosen School of Hospitality I founded L.I.F.E. Events. We service clients throughout Florida including Central Florida and the Space Coast (Melbourne/Vero). We help design, create and execute every detail! Feel free to always email Becky@lifeeventsllc.com to set up an apt...over coffee of course :)

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The world of DIY brides!


It seems that the trend of engaged couples putting their own special touches into their big day increases daily, and why shouldnt it? With all the ideas out there its hard not to get sucked in to DIY world.

The possibilities are ENDLESS! It all started with simple craft stores, then came the magazines then the ultimate websites such as The Knot and my favorite, Pinterest, to help brides dream and dream...and dream even more of what they can do themselves (go figure!) for their big day. One small detail they seem to leave out is how long it will take to create it, and dont forget multiplying that by many, even hundreds depending on how big the wedding is! Not sure if this has helped brides or overwhelmed them?! In the end who cares their wedding will be that much more amazing thanks to their hard work and they'll be satisfied and proud knowing they did it all...besides the labor of setting it all up/taking it down and packing it away...leave that up to L.I.F.E. Events to handle!

Personally I LOVE all the DIY touches I see brides creating to bring their wedding to life and get so excited when I get one that is involved with the DIY world! A big warning to my DIY clients now: I never agreed to keep track of your budget did I?! If I did dont take me shopping with you and add my email to your spam list so you wont get ideas from me :) Then again, when I send ideas Ill also send instructions on how to make it and coupons so you may want to think again on hitting that spam button!

A cute DIY project I found today is so simple but so perfect for the ceremony. I definitely see this placed for an outdoor rustic wedding. To stretch the benefit even more of this DIY you could even transfer this to the cocktail or dinner reception and have guests write messages on it for the newlyweds...in the end get glass cut for a cover and turn it into a forever keepsake to be displayed in your home :)

Stop back in next week for another DIY option for your big day :)
- Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment